August 7, 2012

Oh, Hello There!

Why, hello there!  It has obviously been way too long since our last post (having a baby - kind of a full time job!)
This just in: Pears are delicious












This past long weekend, Hubby let me stop at an antique mall that we pass every time we go up island but never stop at.  It was a-mas-ing!  I can't believe we haven't been there before.  Not only was it huge, but well priced to.  Here are some fabulous chairs that I couldn't stop petting.



And I love me some pretty cups and saucers - this store had litterly 100's of singles.  I was tempted to get a ton of unmatching ones, since I think that would be so charming for an outdoor tea party.  Must start having outdoor tea parties, though.


They also had thousands of old magazine advertisements.  I went googoo gaga for them.  I was super over whelmed by all the selection and didn't know where to even start.  There were car ads, motor oil, movies, liquor, fruit and vegetable ads, and sooo much more.  I thought I would focus on liquor ads.  Here is my $13 worth of ads.










Here is a Hunter Whiskey ad from 1948.  Equstrian chic, anyone? 




But my favorite has to be this SouthernComfort ad from 1957.  It is so badass, it makes me want to pour myself a glass right now.  Hmm, not a bad idea...
























Are you obsessed with 1950's liquor advertisements also? Did your spouse make fun of you as you skipped back to the truck with a stupid grin on your face?  No?



No comments:

Post a Comment