April 17, 2019

New Entry, Old Dresser

As we continue to ignore our front entry addition renovation, I continue to plan the finishing details of the room. Who needs electrical and drywall, when you can choose furniture and light fixtures instead!


My Mom has kindly offered up one of their old dressers to me, and I am half in love. Originally I was looking for something quite modern, like below:




But instead I am offered a free dresser like this:




Not the same at all - but may work! Also, the price is right...


So now I'm trying to figure ways to make it my own and get that crisp, clean, modern flare I was going for. I'm digging the white paint colour (shocker.) so I'm thinking that an interesting knob choice could work. You know how I love knobs...


Here are a few options that I'm considering/trying to think of how to get for cheaper:



Etsy $64.92 for 6 = $129.84
HomeDepot $2.81 = $33.72 
HomeDepot $2.98 = $35.76

HomeDepot $3.04 = $36.48
HomeDepot $4.08 = $48.96
HomeDepot $5.13 = $61.56


OR - do I refinish the knobs that are already there? Will spray paint hold up? Should I paint only the face of the knob? Should I measure the space and make sure the dresser will even fit??

No comments:

Post a Comment