October 6, 2011

31 Days {Day 6} Food So Good, it Has it's Own Day

Today we're going to talk about TurkeyDay! Also know as Thanksgiving, this holiday is coming up quick for us Canadians (for all you US readers, I encourage you to celebrate both, so you don't have to wait so long for stuffing.)


Apple Cheddar Scones - SmittenKitchen - so good - drop whatever you're doing and make them now. I'll wait.

Thanksgiving is happening this weekend (!) on Monday, October 10th for us igloo dwellers, which is perfect since I have been waiting for this since the day I found out we're expecting. We were invited (okay, we're just showing up) to two family dinners this weekend, so we won't be cooking our own turkey this weekend. But that doesn't mean I'm not thinking about what we will be doing in a few weeks when we hold our 'AntiThanksgiving Dinner' (a silly tradition Hubby and I started when we first moved in together, where we eat all the same foods, but sit around with friends and drink wine and complain. Very therapeutic)

Even though it doesn't pertain to design, we will be talking about food today! Because it's my blog, and I'm hungry! Here is a list of recipes I am dying to make this season:


Sundried Tomato Stuffed Mushrooms - SmittenKitchen - I die.


Cauliflower Gratin - SmittenKitchen - I made this for last year's Thanksgiving and it was a huge hit!


Spring Salad with New Potatoes - SmittenKitchen - this IS as good as it looks. And them some.


Mushroom and Barley Pie - SmittenKitchen - if it tastes as good as it looks, we're all in for a treat


Broccoli Slaw - SmittenKitchen - I have made this more times than I am willing to admit. The buttermilk dressing will blow your mind.

You will notice that all the featured recipes are by SmittenKitchen. Why you ask? Because Deb knows her food - don't fight it! Whenever I'm looking for a recipe for real people, SmittenKitchen is the place to go. Besides her amazing cooking talent and photography skills, she absolutely cracks me up (a must when I'm in the kitchen).

You will also notice that I did not feature a turkey recipe on here. It is not because I don't want turkey at all hours of the day (because I do.), but because there is only one person that I trust to cook the perfect turkey. He has been cooking turkey for longer than I have been able to say it. Tomorrow I will be introducing a very special feature writer (a first at MorganDesignInc!) - my father, Patrick!

Who else is excited about turkey, like I am? How many US readers will be making a turkey this weekend, just because? Join the party, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment