October 3, 2011

31 Days {Day 1} My Favorite Things about Fall

With a bit of a computer failure over the weekend, we will be officially starting the '31 Days to Fall in Love with Fall' series today, with a few catch up posts!

Welcome to the first day of our series ’31 Days to Fall in Love with Fall’! We are very excited over here at MorganDesignInc, and are thrilled to be participating with TheInspiredRoom in this post-a-day-extravaganza.

I thought I would start things off for this series with a list of my favorite parts about fall. Fall used to be my least favorite season growing up (that long rainy stretch between summer holidays and Christmas break), but as I get older I am starting to appreciate this season more and more. Here are a few of my favorite things from this season:

1. Wellies!

I love tromping around the yard in my (or my husband’s) Wellies. There is something that feels so very basic about working in your gum boots, it just makes me feel cozy.

2. Fires in the Fireplace

Nothing I love more than curling up by the fire with the dogs and a nice tea. Our house gets cold in the fall and winter, so there is usually a fire roaring when we’re home.

3. Fall Fashion

Wearing suede slouchy boots over jeans, with a sweater and a nice scarf is a fashion season I wait for. I love curling up at work with a big pashmina like a blanket (or sometimes a real blanket)

Hubby and I at Butchart Gardens

4. Rainy Days

Curling up with a good book, watching bad TV, or having Monopoly marathons with friends – rainy days are something I look forward to. Don’t forget the popcorn, grilled cheese sandwiches and hot chocolate!

Friends during a 4 hour epic Monopoly game

5. Pigging Out

Come on, you all know this is the best part – I’m munching on a giant cookie as we speak (er, type). I love baking in the cooler months and there is usually something yummy on the counter (cookies, brownies, cakes, muffins – whatever I feel like!). I also make homemade chocolates every year (a family tradition at my house growing up), tried caramels last year (mmm) and am going to try my hand at peppermint sticks this year! And then there are turkey days – nothing better than my Dad’s turkey stuffing. Okay, maybe his lemon tarts.

Source: Smitten Kitchen

What are your favorite things about fall? And more importantly, how many people have made these scones from SmittenKitchen?? These are amazing, I would highly recommend you try them and bring me a sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment